Pour les renseignements sur nos services nous contacter par email firstname.lastname@example.org ... Read more
Senior Operations Officer
Kinshasa, Congo Democratic Rep
Background / General description:
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
FCS Africa is a regional IFC initiative designed to bring economic and social development to Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCS) in Africa by increasing IFC’s portfolio in these challenging markets. Conflict Affected States in Africa (CASA) is a major FCS Africa’s program with ambitions to raise over $100m in funding over the next 5 years and to expand coverage to all the FCS countries in the Africa region.
FCS Africa/CASA is seeking a highly motivated FCS Central Africa coordinator to further develop and expand the CASA Program. FCS Central Africa coordinator, working with sector specialists and other IFC staff, will help develop FCS Africa/CASA overall strategy for the region, participate in the management of the program, and build and maintain close relationships with all stakeholders.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
FCS Central Africa Coordinator will assist FCS Program Manager, CASA team, IFC Country Manager, sector specialists and Regional IFC Industry staff in enabling, supporting and shaping the IFC engagement in DRC, CAR, Congo, Burundi and Chad. S/he will help with developing and implementing investment projects with applicable advisory components; building close relationships with the private sector business community, stakeholders including government, NGOs, financial institutions, regulatory bodies, World Bank staff and donors.
Specifically, s/he will:
• Develop and support the implementation of the overall program strategy for the CASA Program, and contribute to the development of specific strategies in the CASA focus countries. Implement the CASA program communication strategy and contribute to Knowledge Management activities with internal and external partners.
• Conduct industry and sector reviews, provide close support to the IFC Country Manager, Regional IS Industry Departments, Advisory Services teams in the development; processing and implementation of investment with advisory component programs in line with the designated country strategy.
• With the support and quality control of the regional management team, provide leadership and guidance to program staff and consultants in her/his sub-region, when applicable;
• Ensure strict financial and administrative monitoring, evaluation of processes and compliance with reporting requirements both internally and externally; propose budget allocations and monitor cash flow, contribute to fundraising;
• Support cross-learning and knowledge exchange between FCS Africa program activities in other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, as required.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including government representatives, donors, private sector agencies, NGOs, financial institutions and the World Bank office.
• Perform periodic reporting and liaison as required with FCS/CASA program management, Donors and IFCs Africa management team on programs progress and designated region achievements.
• A post-graduate degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics/ finance/ business management ideally with 10 years or more field experience;
• A successful track record in identifying, structuring and working with sponsors and internally with sector staff to create a bankable investment potential with advisory components in line with IFC strategy;
• Investment and advisory experience preferably in Africa is strongly desirable;
• Strong commitment to private sector development in Africa.
• Extensive experience working in a challenging business environment, conflict affected countries and francophone Africa and will be a distinct advantage.
Experience in designing, managing and carrying out a broad range of research projects, studies and evaluations in low-income countries and FCS.
• Self-starter, mature and flexible personality; able to work in a multicultural, fast-paced team environment.
• A team player with outstanding people management skills, ability to work with colleagues from different teams who are not reporting to him/her and achieve outstanding results while meeting tight deadline and maintaining strong client service orientation;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills working with data using standard office software Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Fluency in French.